Students have had a project assigned to them on Tuesday, September 19th. Each student has been assigned a composer from a period in history. Students are expected to complete a report on their composer, encompassing the following information:
- Biographical information about the composer (birth date, death date, country of origin, general life overview)
- Musical background (did the composer play an instrument, who were his/her teachers, what era of music was the composer writing in, famous works)
- World overview (what was happening in the world during this composer’s life)
- Modern impact (what songs has this composer written are still relevant, how has this composer influenced modern musicians)
Students must hand in a written report on their composer and then present to the class on their composer, relaying this information. Presentations will start on Monday, September 25th.
Upcoming Test (9/13)
Students will have a written test on Friday, September 15th. This test will cover notes that have been taken in class.
Music Appreciation (3rd, 5th, and 7th periods)
Homework: Students should study the notes taken in class every night. Other assignments will be posted as they are given to the students.
Tutoring: Tutoring sessions are held Mondays after school until 4:00pm. Parents, please make sure to pick your students up on time or arrange for them to carpool with someone else. Students may using tutoring time for the following things:
- Receive additional help on troubling music theory concepts.
- Work on any class projects that have been given.
Supplies: The following supplies are needed every single day in class. The students need these supplies in order to succeed.
- USB drive