Class Updates (9/17)
All classes have been updated to reflect the tests for the week. Additionally, music appreciation has been updated with the details of the music composer project that they will be completing over the course of the next week.
Interim reports will go out on the week of September 18th. Parents, if a student has received a grade of an “F” on his or her interim, they will receive a parental conference form to bring home and get signed so that a plan can be put into place to improve study habits and the student’s grade in this class.
Performance updates (9/13)
The performance tab has been updated with new performance dates for the band.
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year! My name is Ms. Morley, and I am the band director at Henry Ford Middle School. I teach the following courses to the students throughout the course of the year:
- Beginning Band
- Intermediate Band
- Music Appreciation (this is an exploratory course and only lasts for 9 weeks at a time)
I look forward to getting to know your students and working with them throughout the course of this school year. Should you need to reach me for any reason at all, please feel free to contact me either through e-mail or my phone in the band room. PLEASE NOTE: If you call, the best time to discuss things with me is between 12:50pm and 2:20pm (this is my planning period on all days).
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Band Room phone: 504-437-7412
Below are the classroom rules, which apply to all students of all classes. For information on when the band is going to perform, a student’s specific class, or more information on an announcement made, please go to the appropriate sub wiki. This is where announcements will be explained in more detail.
Classroom Rules (Apply to all classes)
- No cell phones or electronics of any kind are permitted in class.
- Only water is allowed in the band room. No other food or drinks are allowed.
- Do not touch other people’s belongings or instruments.
- Be respectful to all people always.
- Have a positive attitude and be ready to learn.